This Page

has been moved to new address

Billy Kelly's The Family Garden - A Review and Giveaway

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Billy Kelly's The Family Garden - A Review and Giveaway

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Billy Kelly's The Family Garden - A Review and Giveaway

If you’re a fan of fun, upbeat, and silly music, you’ll really enjoy Billy Kelly’s newest children’s CD – The Family Garden with guest artist Molly Ledfod of Lunch Money .  This witty album uses a lot of fun wordplay, which will get your children thinking and keep you entertained!  This CD was recorded live in the studio with minimal overdubs, so it really captures the personality of the band. 



As the name suggests, there is a “garden variety” of songs on this album.  The Family Garden leaps spryly from country to ragtime to rock.  Little Miss loved “I’m Thinking of an Animal”, which lets you guess the animal they are talking about from clues in the song.  I liked their version of the B-52’s “Rock Lobster” – perfect for dancing to with Little Miss in the kitchen!  There are goofy songs, impromptu jams, and rock, so definitely a little something for everyone! 


So who is Billy Kelly?  He is a singer/songwriter/performer/animater/illustrator/entertainer/guy from Pennsylvania.  His debut children’s CD, Thank You For Joining the Happy Club landed on several “Best of 2009” lists, I imagine The Family Garden will as well!  When Billy isn’t making music, he enjoys spending time with his family and working in his garden. 



Check out his website for videos, music, information on buying his music, and fun!

“Imagine if Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld wrote lyrics for all-ages music played by an acoustic Weezer.  I cannot recall a funnier, more intelligently conceived debut family record.  Don’t deliberate or discuss with a loved one.  Just get it and love it.” – Out With the Kids

WIN IT: Billy Kelly has graciously offered to send The Family Garden CD to one lucky reader!  


  Entry Methods:
*Please leave one comment for each entry method.  On at least one of those comments leave an e-mail address so I can contact you if it is not available via your blogger profile.  Contest ends Mar 4, 2011 at midnight and the winner will be announced by Mar 6th. Open U.S only.

1.            Mandatory - Visit Billy Kelly's website and tell me something you learned!  
2.            Follow me on GFC, twitter or like me on facebook. (1 entry each - leave a comment below for each entry)
3.      Follow Billy Kelly on Facebook.  (1 entry - leave a comment below for each entry).  Please tell him I sent you!
4.            Tweet about this contest (up to 1 entry per day) 
          I entered the #BillyKelly #FamilyGarden #giveaway @FrugalGreenMom1 
5.       Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts (1 extra entry limit).  Leave a comment below telling me which post you commented on.  
6.            Grab my button and post it on your blog – 2 entries.  (Leave 2 comments)


**I received The Family Garden CD for review purposes. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.  The winning comment will be chosen by random.org.**



Labels: , , , , ,

35 Comments:

At February 23, 2011 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Davy Jones will be singing on the album, wow! Thanks so much for visiting and following my blog. I'm now a fan and follower of yours too now. I guess that gets me an entry into the contest. Hope i win! Have a great day!

http://exjw-foodie.blogspot.com/

 
At February 23, 2011 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I learned that Davy Jones of the Monkeys will be singing on one of the songs on the album.

 
At February 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I follow you via Google Friend Connect

 
At February 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I follow you on Twitter

 
At February 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I tweeted

 
At February 24, 2011 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Cute! This seems like some good long car ride lsitening.

 
At February 26, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

New CD arrives 4/5
Kims2312@verizon.net

 
At February 26, 2011 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I like you on FB
Kims2312@verizon.net

 
At February 26, 2011 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

GFC follower
Kims2312@verizon.net

 
At March 4, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

the new CD is released on 4/3

 
At March 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Evelyn said...

I learned that he made a New Year's resolution in 2009 to record the songs he'd written for his kids.

 
At March 4, 2011 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Evelyn said...

I follow you on Twitter:-) @Betteronabudget
dedelandblog at gmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Evelyn said...

I like you on facebook!
dedelandblog at gmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Evelyn said...

I have your button on my blog:
http://www.betteronabudget.com/blog-roll/

dedelandblog at gmail.com

1

 
At March 4, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Evelyn said...

I have your button on my blog:
http://www.betteronabudget.com/blog-roll/

dedelandblog at gmail.com

2

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:19 AM , Blogger vwestermeyer said...

Davy Jones on a kid cd! Looks like fun

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger pmj said...

I learned that there is a duet with davy jones of the monkees!!!!!
pjames330 at aol dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Blogger pmj said...

gfc follower
pjames330 at aol dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Blogger pmj said...

FB fan of billy kelly
pjames330 at aol dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Kristi S said...

I learned that he preforms all over the place, busy guy!

eksummit (at) hotmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Kristi S said...

I follow you via GFC

eksummit (at) hotmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Kristi S said...

I tweeted :)!

eksummit (at) hotmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 4:03 PM , Blogger plainoldsarah said...

i learned that i am great. seriously. that's what happened when i clicked "totally random!" totally fun i say!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I learned that he took a picture with Davey Jones and that the song Me and My Brand New Haircut is on Amazon!
brookeannaroberts(At)Yahoo(dot)com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I follow via GFC.
brookeannaroberts(At)Yahoo(dot)com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

Your button is at mommydoes.blogspot.com
brookeannaroberts(At)Yahoo(dot)com
1

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

your button is at mommydoes.blogspot.com
brookeannaroberts(At)Yahoo(dot)com
2

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

I learned that the CD comes with a waterproof poster (which for some reason meakes me giggle!)

beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

GFC follower
beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

FOllwo you on Twitter @beckee13
beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

I like Billy Kelly on FB and told him you sent me!
beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

Your button is on my blog here:
http://beckeesdeals.blogspot.com/p/giveaways-i-have-won.html

beckeesdeals at gmail dot com
#1

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Chandra (Fanatic about Saving) said...

I learned that he is from Pennsyvania but not near philly

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Chandra (Fanatic about Saving) said...

I follow you on GFC!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Chandra (Fanatic about Saving) said...

I like you on Fb!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home