This Page

has been moved to new address

Yoga by the Dozen - A Review and Giveaway!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Yoga by the Dozen - A Review and Giveaway!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Yoga by the Dozen - A Review and Giveaway!

Even small children can enjoy yoga.  In fact, their “in the moment” attitude is perfect for it.  If you live somewhere that offers yoga classes for children that’s great, but a lot of areas don’t have this.  Theresa Ross has a great DVD that can walk your child through 12 basic yoga moves – “Yoga By The Dozen”.



What are the benefits of yoga?
  • ·         Increased cognitive and motor skills
  • ·         Confidence, courage, and self-esteem
  • ·         Balance and coordination
  • ·         Memory retention and concentration
  • ·         Nurture creativity and self-expression
  • ·         Respect for themselves and each other




In the DVD, there is an initial warm-up, which can be a little difficult if you aren’t familiar with yoga poses.  However, I don’t think it would take that long to get used to.  After the warm-up, Theresa walks us through a pose and gives us it's name.  After that one of the children does the pose, then the entire class does it.  This gives you and your child three opportunities to either observe or try the pose.  
For most of the poses we would do the initial walkthrough with Theresa then watch the child, then try again with the whole class.  There are twelve poses in the class.  After the class is over they sing a song, which is a great way to wind down.  

Little Miss really enjoyed the DVD – she didn’t make it through all of the poses, but I’m hoping with time she will.  Her favorite is the Dolphin pose.  I imagine over time we’ll be able to get through all of them.  I did the DVD with her, and I also enjoyed it.  The last poses are pretty challenging – I can’t do the firefly pose, so it gives me something to work towards!    

This DVD left me wishing that we could go to Theresa’s classes.  Her warmth really comes through.  I know my daughter and I will enjoy using this DVD as a way to spend time together.  


Want to try doing yoga with your child?



BUY IT:  You can buy Yoga by the Dozen here for $17.99.  You can also buy yoga mats and T-shirts!
WIN IT:  Theresa has graciously offered to send one lucky reader a DVD of Yoga by the Dozen! 

  Entry Methods:
*Please leave one comment for each entry method.  On at least one of those comments leave an e-mail address so I can contact you if it is not available via your blogger profile.  Contest ends Mar 4, 2011 at midnight and the winner will be announced by Mar 6th. Open U.S only.

1.            Mandatory - Visit Yoga by the Dozen and tell me your favorite pose.
2.            Follow me on GFC, twitter or like me on facebook. (1 entry each - leave a comment below for each entry)
3.      Join Yoga by the Dozen on twitter or facebook.  (1 entry each - leave a comment below for each entry).  Please tell them I sent you!
4.            Tweet about this contest (up to 1 entry per day) 
          I entered the #YogabytheDozen #giveaway @FrugalGreenMom1 
5.       Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts (1 extra entry limit).  Leave a comment below telling me which post you commented on.  
6.            Grab my button and post it on your blog – 2 entries.  (Leave 2 comments)


**I received a Yoga by the Dozen DVD for review purposes. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.  The winning comment will be chosen by random.org.**

Labels: , , ,

101 Comments:

At February 12, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Alely said...

i need to be more frugal. hoping to get some tips here on your blog. following you back : )

 
At February 12, 2011 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think I like the virabhadrasana #2 best

 
At February 12, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm following you on GFC

 
At February 12, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm following you on Twitter

 
At February 12, 2011 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I liked you on Facebook

 
At February 12, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm following Yoga by the Dozen on Twitter

 
At February 12, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I tweeted

 
At February 12, 2011 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Katie Hurley, LCSW said...

I'm totally buying this! My 4 year old will love it...we've been trying to find a nearby class but it's not that easy. Following you from Say Hi Sunday. Looking forward to learning more from you.

 
At February 12, 2011 at 11:20 PM , Blogger aperry said...

I like warrior #2

missanneperry at gmail.com

 
At February 12, 2011 at 11:22 PM , Blogger aperry said...

I follow via fb
Anne E. Perry

missanneperry at gmail.com

 
At February 12, 2011 at 11:22 PM , Blogger aperry said...

I follow via twitter @aeperry

missanneperry at gmail.com

 
At February 12, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Blogger aperry said...

I follow Yoga by the Dozen on twitter @aeperry
missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At February 12, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Blogger aperry said...

I sent friend request to Yoga by the Dozen on fb
Anne E. Perry
missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At February 12, 2011 at 11:27 PM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/aeperry/status/36657423536103424

missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At February 13, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/aeperry/status/36900582040018944

missanneperry at gmail,com

 
At February 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Miriam said...

One of my favorite poses is Ustrasana, but I LOVE yoga so it's hard to choose a favorite pose. This DVD would be grat for my kids, they would be excited about yoga every day :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters
lilbartone@gmail.com

 
At February 14, 2011 at 9:02 AM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/37164467359842304

missanneperry at gmail.com

 
At February 15, 2011 at 5:05 AM , Blogger debijackson said...

id go with the warrior pose

 
At February 15, 2011 at 5:05 AM , Blogger debijackson said...

google friend

 
At February 15, 2011 at 5:05 AM , Blogger debijackson said...

fb follow as debbie jackson

 
At February 15, 2011 at 5:06 AM , Blogger debijackson said...

twitter as jacksondeb

 
At February 16, 2011 at 2:25 AM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/37789504756518912

missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At February 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/38295920420470784

missanneperry at gmail.com

 
At February 18, 2011 at 1:32 AM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/38500854818541568

missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At February 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/38855468298276864

missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At February 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Angela said...

vrksasana is my fave pose. :)


thesuburbanjungle@ gmail .com

 
At February 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Angela said...

I follow on GFC

thesuburbanjungle@ gmail .com

 
At February 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Angela said...

I'm following you on facebook (Angela Maa s)

thesuburbanjungle@ gmail .com

 
At February 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Angela said...

I follow on twitter as @suburbanjung

thesuburbanjungle@ gmail .com

 
At February 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Angela said...

I follow yoga by the dozen on twitter as @suburbanjung

thesuburbanjungle@ gmail .com

 
At February 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Angela said...

I liked Yoga by the dozen on FB

thesuburbanjungle@ gmail .com

 
At February 23, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Jolene said...

I love dancer's pose (natrajasana) but I don't know if I can do it anymore due to my back. I was a dancer too so that might have something to do with it ;)

 
At February 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Jolene said...

friended yoga by the dozen on facebook.. will tell them you sent me once I can write on their wall

 
At February 23, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Jolene said...

follow you on twitter @taznjade

 
At February 23, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Jolene said...

have your button on my blog 1

 
At February 23, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Jolene said...

have your button on my blog 2

 
At February 24, 2011 at 9:44 PM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/aeperry/status/40980213106098176

missanneperry at gmail.com

 
At February 25, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Kristie said...

Natarajasana is my favorite because it looks like ballet. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

 
At February 25, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Kristie said...

I follow you with GFC. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

 
At February 25, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Kristie said...

I follow you om Twitter. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

 
At February 25, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Kristie said...

I like you on Facebook. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

 
At February 26, 2011 at 6:53 AM , Blogger debijackson said...

the Ustrasana pose would be a favorite here

 
At February 26, 2011 at 6:54 AM , Blogger debijackson said...

google friend
djackson1958@hotmail.com

 
At February 26, 2011 at 6:54 AM , Blogger debijackson said...

tw follow as jacksondeb
djackson1958@hotmail.com

 
At February 26, 2011 at 6:54 AM , Blogger debijackson said...

like u on fb as debbie jackson

 
At February 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Yoga with Gaileee said...

I've won this dvd before, and I wanted to say, this is a MOST excellent DVD! Whoever wins this will really enjoy it! My child really enjoys it!

yogawithgaileee at gmail dot com

Yoga giveaway on my site right now too!

http://yogawithgaileee.blogspot.com

 
At February 26, 2011 at 12:18 PM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/aeperry/status/41562619668217856

missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At February 26, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Natrajasana looked interesting
Kims2312@verizon.net

 
At February 26, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

GFC follower
Kims2312@verizon.net

 
At February 26, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

FB fan of yours
Kims2312@verizon.net

 
At February 28, 2011 at 12:02 AM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/42102185487638528

missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At February 28, 2011 at 6:00 PM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/42373381487730688
missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At March 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/42777629182533632
missanneperry at gmail dot com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Jennica and Preston said...

I think I like the Vrksasana Pose best!
pjnpatterson(at)yahoo(dot)com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Jennica and Preston said...

I follow on GFC!
pjnpatterson(at)yahoo(dot)com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Jennica and Preston said...

I follow you on Twitter! (Jenka1986)
pjnpatterson(at)yahoo(dot)com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Jennica and Preston said...

I follow on GFC!
pjnpatterson(at)yahoo(dot)com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 1:03 AM , Blogger Jennica and Preston said...

I like you on Facebook!
pjnpatterson(at)yahoo(dot)com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM , Blogger Jennica and Preston said...

I follow Yoga By The Dozen on Twitter! (Jenka1986)
pjnpatterson(at)yahoo(dot)com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 1:05 AM , Blogger Jennica and Preston said...

I sent a friend request to Yoga By The Dozen on Facebook!
pjnpatterson(at)yahoo(dot)com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM , Blogger aperry said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/aeperry/status/43522186773934080

missanneperry at gmail.com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

i like ustrasana
cluelessme8{at}hotmail{dot}com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

I follow you on twitter
cluelessme8{at}hotmail{dot}com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

I like you on FB
cluelessme8{at}hotmail{dot}com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

i follow yoga by the dozen on twitter
cluelessme8{at}hotmail{dot}com

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

i like yoga by the dozen on FB
cluelessme8{at}hotmail{dot}com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Diana said...

I like the Ustrasana pose
hrddiana556(at)gmail(dot)com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Diana said...

I follow you on Twitter
hrddiana556(at)gmail(dot)com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Evelyn said...

I like the Urdhva Dhanurajana pose, but it looks so tough!

dedelangblog at gmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Evelyn said...

I follow you on twitter @betteronabudget

dedelandblog at gmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Evelyn said...

I have your button on my blog:
http://www.betteronabudget.com/blogroll

dedelandblog at gmail.com
1

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Evelyn said...

I have your button on my blog:
http://www.betteronabudget.com/blogroll

dedelandblog at gmail.com
2

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM , Blogger pmj said...

I like the bakasana pose
pjames330 at aol dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM , Blogger pmj said...

gfc follower
pjames330 at aol dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM , Blogger pmj said...

fb fan
pjames330 at aol dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger pmj said...

twitter follower of yoga by the dozen-pj436
pjames330 at aol dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Thabal said...

Trikanasana seems to be my fav pose. http://twitter.com/Thabal628/status/43729879870619648

 
At March 4, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Jena said...

Oh gosh I went to yoga yesterday and I just love the Vrksasana pose!

jenakaye(at)gmail(dot)com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Jena said...

I follow through GFC
jenakaye(at)gmail(dot)com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Jena said...

I follow you on twitter (@suhodgepodge)
jenakaye(at)gmail(dot)com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Jena said...

I follow them on twitter (@suhodgepodge)
jenakaye(at)gmail(dot)com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Jena said...

I like you on FB (Jenalen Olsen)
jenakaye(at)gmail(dot)com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger D.A. said...

I like Ustrasana!
dawhittemore22 at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Kristi S said...

I like the Ustrasana pose.

eksummit (at) hotmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Kristi S said...

I follow you on twitter!

eksummit (at) hotmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Kristi S said...

I tweeted!

eksummit (at) hotmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Kristi S said...

I like Yoga by the dozen on twitter!

eksummit (at)hotmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Kristi S said...

I like yoga by the dozen on fb!

eksummit (at) hotmail.com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Linda Kish said...

vrksasana is my favorite pose

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 4:01 PM , Blogger plainoldsarah said...

nothing opens me as well as trikanasana. love it!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Natarajasana position!
stroker881 at hotmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

Fave pose: Natarajasana

beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

GFC follower
beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

FOllow on Twitter @beckee13
beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

Like you on FB
beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

Follow Yoga on Twitter @beckee13
beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

Added Yoga as a friend on FB
beckeesdeals at gmail dot com

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

Your button is on my blog here: http://beckeesdeals.blogspot.com/p/giveaways-i-have-won.html

beckeesdeals at gmail dot com
#1

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Beckeesdeals said...

Your button is on my blog here: http://beckeesdeals.blogspot.com/p/giveaways-i-have-won.html

beckeesdeals at gmail dot com
#2

 
At March 5, 2011 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

I like the vrksasana!
curiouscora at yahoo dot com

 
At March 5, 2011 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

New follower via gfc! hope you'll follow back and join my saturday blog hop :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home