This Page

has been moved to new address

Skillet Gardner's Pie - A Great Way to Use Up All of those Veggies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Skillet Gardner's Pie - A Great Way to Use Up All of those Veggies

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Skillet Gardner's Pie - A Great Way to Use Up All of those Veggies

The other day I realized that I had a ton of veggies that needed to be eaten, and only small amounts of each thing.  I've been wanting to make a Shepherd's Pie for ages, so I decided that this would be a great time to do it.  I used this recipe as a guideline, but changed it a lot to use what I had on hand.  Mine had green beans, turnips, collards, carrots, onions, and mushrooms.  I also used leftover mashed potatoes.


It turned out really well, I'm sure I'll make it again!   
What is one of your favorite recipes for using up a bunch of leftovers?  

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 26, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Blogger a moderate life said...

HI April! thanks so much for visiting feed me tweet me follow me home friday! I am now following your blog on google, facebook and blogger! I really have to say I would love this recipe with all the veggies YOU have in it. I am weird that way and I crave greens and turnips are my favorite veggie! As for using up left overs we make a "frankenstein casserole" which you put all your left overs into a greased casserole dish (leave out any fish), add in a bit of milk if it is very dry, or tomato sauce if mostly italian based-add a layer of shredded cheese and then bake at 375 for 30 minutes! The newly combined flavors are always a suprising treat! I do hope you stop by the hearth and soul hop on tuesdays at a moderate life. I really think you would fit in wonderfully! All the best! Alex

 
At January 27, 2011 at 8:56 AM , Blogger April said...

That sounds yummy! Kind of similar to this, without the mashed potatoes.
I just recently started eating turnips - and acquired taste for me, but good! I put some in chili the other day as well!
I'm following you on google, FB, and twitter too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home