This Page

has been moved to new address

Mars Needs Moms!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Mars Needs Moms!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Mars Needs Moms!


Being a Mom is hard work.  Some days Little Miss adores me, but there are other days when she is not very happy with me.  When I’m trying to get her to eat something she doesn’t want, or take a bath when she is not ready, or especially when it’s time to go to bed!  Of course, there are more times when she adores me than not, so it all works out! 


In honor of the March 11th release of "Mars Needs Moms," SocialMoms is bringing us an entertaining new blogging program that asks us what are the top ten things you think your kids would miss most about you if you were abducted by aliens/Martians?  So here is my ten!


1.    Snuggles in bed in the morning.  Every morning, Little Miss jumps in bed with me for a little snuggle time before we get up for the day.  It’s so nice to spend this time with her!
2.    Tickles!  We love the tickle monster at our house, and I think we would be very sad if the tickle monster ever went away.  I love giving Little Miss tickles because she has the greatest laugh when you tickle her!
3.    Walks to the park.  When the weather is nice, we love walking to the park!  There are several near our house, so we get to change it up a lot.
4.    Going to the beach.  Little Miss LOVES going to the beach.  We go at least once a week, and she would really be sad if I was not there to take her!
5.    Singing songs.  Daddy doesn’t really like to sing, so she and I get to do all of the singing in the house. 
6.    Favorite foods.  I’ll often take the extra time to fix her food just how she likes it.  I think she’d miss her “apples on a stick” if I weren’t around!
7.    Bedtime stories.  I love reading bedtime stories to Little Miss, and she loves hearing them.  She’s always up for one more, and I’m usually more than willing to read her several extra stories each night!  It’s building reading skills, right?
8.    Helping out.  I’m fortunate in that my daughter loves to help out around the house.  Even though things take longer with her helping, I still love letting her take some of the responsibility around the house.  She puts away her own dishes, helps fold her clothes, and matches her socks.  Not bad for a three year old!
9.    Helping outside.  We also love to work outside and plant flowers in the garden, pull weeds, and keep the yard looking nice.  The two of us have so much fun outside!
10.  Special adventures.  When Daddy has to work through the weekend, Little Miss and I always go on special adventures.  Whether it’s a dolphin cruise, or to the aquarium, or a special water park, there’s always something special for us if Daddy’s working!



I love all of the special ways I get to spend time with my daughter, from the ordinary day-to-day to those extra special adventures.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

You have some lucky kids ;) It sounds like you have such a ball together.

I'm following from the hop.
ecwrites.blogspot.com

 
At March 1, 2011 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Loving learning at Home said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm now following you! Love the 10 ways you spend time with your daughter. They grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute.

 
At March 8, 2011 at 10:56 PM , Blogger A GAL NEEDS... said...

Wow! These seemingly ordinary things that you do with your little miss could never be replaced, including if you were "abducted by aliens"! Loving Moms are what make our world turn around! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home