This Page

has been moved to new address

Dinner Tonight - From the PPK

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Dinner Tonight - From the PPK

Monday, March 14, 2011

Dinner Tonight - From the PPK

If you haven't checked out the Post Punk Kitchen, I recommend you drop what you're doing now and go visit it.  It's full of yummy vegan food, and you're sure to find something that inspires you!


I'm a curry addict, so when I saw this recipe for Broccoli Curry Udon I just had to make it.  I used broccoli, red bell pepper, and baby bellas.  I also used rice noodles instead of udon noodles.  It turned out great!  I think next time I'll add some sriracha to spice things up a little, but other than that it was just about perfect.  I also topped with furikake instead of toasted sesame seeds.  That's pretty standard for me, since I always have it around and I think it gives a pretty similar affect.

What did you have for dinner tonight?  

Shared with Hearth and Soul

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At March 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

Hi April,
This looks like a great dish, I think it could be a whole meal for me. Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Jacqui' said...

This looks wonderful. I love me some noodles and fresh veggies =]

 
At March 15, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Looks delicious!!!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Candace said...

oh that looks so good! I have some udon noodles just waiting for a recipe like this. I will have to do a search on furikake. I have no idea what that is. I love learning new things. :)

Thank you for sharing your recipe! Have a great day! Candace

 
At March 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Blogger K @ TS said...

Yum. That looks great! Thanks for the Vegan site tips too!

 
At March 15, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger April J Harris said...

Oh that sounds lovely! Thank you for the link. We had a curry dish for dinner last night as well.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 11:19 AM , Blogger April said...

Thanks everyone! Furikake is rice seasoning - they make several different blends, I get the one with seaweed, sesame seeds, and a little sugar and salt.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Christy said...

I have several different kinds of rice seasonings (furikake) but I have never added them to anything but rice - duh?!! Your curry looks delicious, thanks for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Ellen said...

This looks great! I'm bookmarking it to try next week. I'm all for anything with broccoli!

Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading more of your posts.

~ Ellen

 
At March 15, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Blogger April said...

Christy, the funny thing is that I rarely use furikake on rice! I put it on Asian pasta dishes.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Miriam said...

How delicious! I LOVE these kinds of meals!!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

 
At March 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

Hi April,
This is a wonderful dish, thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

 
At March 17, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Thanks so much for linking up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "Everything GREEN"! Don't forget to come back next Monday for Chocolate...Chocolate... and more Chocolate!!!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

 
At March 19, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Morgan said...

Yum! Thanks for the inspiration ... hmmmm ... curry .... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home