This Page

has been moved to new address

Black Bean Burgers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Black Bean Burgers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Black Bean Burgers

So I bet you're wondering what I did with those black beans I made in my Instant Pot®  (win one here!), aren't you?


I made my favorite Black Bean Burgers from Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook.  If you're going to own just one vegan cookbook, let this be the one!  Even if you're not vegan, it has tons of recipes and techniques you'll be able to use.  I don't like to repost recipes from cookbooks, but I did a search and you can find the recipe here.

Before cooking!


The only substitution I made was using one tablespoon of chipolte peppers instead of tomato paste.  I also think next time I'd like to add some corn kernels to give it a more southwestern feel.

Great toppings:  Sprouts, grilled mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, avocado

What do I love about this recipe?
  • It's easy.  After the beans are done, it comes together very quickly and easily.
  • It holds up.  The recipe uses vital wheat gluten, which holds everything together well.  I can throw this burger on the grill and know that it will hold up just fine.
  • It's flexible.  It's a basic recipe, which give you room to customize it how you'd like!  
  • It's simple.  Unlike the veggie burgers you'll buy at the store, this one doesn't have many ingredients and you know what all of them are!  
I apologize for not having more pictures of the burgers - mixing them, after they are grilled....but this weekend was my birthday and we went out for lunch...

My yummy Birthday dessert!
and then grilled out at the beach.  I was so tired from the day at the beach (and busy entertaining my tired daughter), that I forgot all about taking pictures of the final product!  

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At April 4, 2011 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Candace said...

Black Bean Burgers are the very reason that I want a win that pressure cooker! I had never had one until this year and I'm hooked. I love the idea of adding chipotle. I am going to try that next time. Yum!

 
At April 4, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger April said...

I love black bean burgers - they are definitely my favorite type of veggie burger. I agree - the Instant Pot does make the whole process easier!

 
At April 4, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Miriam said...

Homemade veggie burgers are the best! Great recipe! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

 
At April 5, 2011 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Swathi said...

I am in search of veggie burgers recipe.This looks awesome. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.

 
At April 8, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Candi said...

WOW! I've never tried to make our own Veggie Burgers, but I think those look easy enough!

I'd love for you to share this recipe on my new linky party "Figure Friendly Friday".

http://familystampingfood.blogspot.com/search/label/Figure%20Friendly%20Friday

 
At April 9, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Blogger kellymseow said...

The idea of veggie burgers has never really appealed to me until recently; a friend gave me a recipe for red bean burgers with Indian spices that sounds really good - and this one does too! Looking forward to experimenting...:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home