This Page

has been moved to new address

Natural Parenting Blog Party!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Natural Parenting Blog Party!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Natural Parenting Blog Party!

I am so excited to be participating in this amazing blog party and I'm looking forward to meeting some awesome ladies (and maybe even a few Dads)!  If you follow me through the blog party, be sure to leave a comment and I'll definitely follow you back!

The Peaceful Housewife

I've got some great giveaways going on - you can check them out here!

Here are the questions that were posted to kick things off:


1.    How many children do you have, and how old are they?
I have a beautiful three year old daughter – she’s my world!

2.    Do you have a partner, or are you a single parent?
I’m married, but my husband works out of town A LOT, so I have great admiration for single parents – it’s a tough job!

3.    What are your “hot button” parenting issues? 
I try not to have any – that feels a little like judging to me.  I do hate that in the United States Doctors don’t make more of an effort to tell people how important breastfeeding is. 
4.    Have you made any parenting choices that you didn’t think you would make before you were a parent, i.e. cloth diapering a child when you had previously thought it was disgusting?
I never thought our house would be all pink and princess!  I never realized how engrained the gender differences are in some children until I had a child of my own. 
5.    Is there one book or person in particular that’s heavily influenced your parenting choices?  No
6.    If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what word would you use?  Independent!
7.    Is there one parenting decision that you regret more than others and wish you could change? 
No – I’ve lost my temper at times and yelled, but I try not to focus on the negative and work towards being the best parent in the present moment that I can! 
8.    Is there an area of your parenting you wish you were better at? 
I wish I was more patient!
9.    Now for the fun questions – is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day?  Dark chocolate!
10. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate? Chocolate
11. What’s your guilty pleasure?  If I told you, it wouldn’t be my guilty pleasure : ).
12. If you could be part of any television show, which show would it be?  I think being on Glee would be fun!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At April 15, 2011 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Megan said...

Hi.I'm also joining the blog party. My daughter is decked out in pink, too. But I love pink, so if she were a boy, we'd still have lots of pink!

 
At April 15, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger April said...

I love pink too - I tried not to influence her color choices, but she loves pink and purple! Her room is turquoise though - we painted it before we knew what the sex was.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger melissa said...

Nice to "meet" you via the party! Your intro was the last straw ... chocolate has been mentioned by so many other mamas, but I finally went and grabbed square! :)

 
At April 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to meet you :)

Kelly from
Themysticalkingdom.blogspot.com

 
At April 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Blogger I Thought I Knew Mama said...

Hello from the Natural Parenting Blog Party!

My friends have said the same thing re: your answer to #4.

I would love to be on Glee too :-)

I'm following you on GFC and Twitter now!

 
At April 15, 2011 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Hello from the Natural Parenting Blog Party, I am a newbie so I am looking forward to meeting everyone. It is great to find other Green, Natural Moms. I can't wait to look around and learn some more frugal tips.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Oh I would love to be on Glee too!! I should have put that as my answer! :)

 
At April 16, 2011 at 12:30 AM , Blogger Sasha said...

Hello! : )
So happy to see you taking part in the blog party. I love your blog.

 
At April 17, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Erika said...

Aaaw, your daughter is adorableness! :3

 
At April 17, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Blogger rae-ann said...

I popped over from the blog party and love the positive, gentle energy I get from your responses. I think it's great you don't beat yourself up and focus on being the best you can be - I really admire that :)

Mrs Green @littlegreenblog.com

 
At April 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Visiting from the blog party! :) I never thought we would be an all pink household either. I have three girls so that definitely has happened here, even though I don't think I've lead them that direction. They just naturally chose pink and dolls!!

 
At April 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Stopping by from the blog party! What a great blog you have! Thrilled to have found it! You have a gorgeous family. :)

 
At April 18, 2011 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog for the party! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home