This Page

has been moved to new address

Bossypants - Laugh Out Loud Funny!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Bossypants - Laugh Out Loud Funny!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bossypants - Laugh Out Loud Funny!

To be honest, when I agreed to review Tina Fey’s book, Bossypants, I knew very little about her.  I had watched some of her Sarah Palin spoofs, but that was about it.  I had no idea that this book would have me laughing out loud nearly the entire time I read it! 



I think I enjoyed this book so much because Tina Fey is so relatable in it.  I can totally imagine her sitting down to dinner with me and my friends!  She doesn’t pretend to have it all together, but she also acknowledges that neither does anyone else either, regardless of what they may tell you.  No matter how rich and famous you are, you still have to make sacrifices and hard decisions. 

She spends a lot of time talking about Second City, where she “cut her teeth” in the comedy world.  The comedy world at that time was dominated by men, so it’s great to see a woman’s perspective on it, especially a woman who was able to break through that glass ceiling.  There are also some hilarious stories from when she worked with a production company growing up.  However, if you’re looking for a lot of stories from her SNL days or 30 Rock, you might be disappointed.  She talks about them, but doesn’t go into as much detail as you might expect. 

There is some good advice in this book as well, although none of it is delivered in a preachy sort of way.  You can learn about how to be a great boss, along with how to be a great parent.  She reassures us that it’s okay to follow our own instincts, and the prayer for her daughter is one of the funniest and at the same time heartfelt things I’ve ever read!

I thought this was a great book, and highly recommend it! 



**I received a copy of Bossypants for review purposes.  All opinions expressed are my own.  

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 18, 2011 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I heart Tina Fey and have this book on my "need to read list". :) Glad to know it is worth it. :)
Thank you so much for linking up to the What I'm Diggin Wednesday hop!!! I really appreciate the support.

 
At May 20, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I can't wait to read this. I love her. Have you read her prayer for her daughter that Sheila posted? Loved that.

 
At May 20, 2011 at 2:56 PM , Blogger April said...

Yes, I posted it too! Have the link to the audio of it in this article as well.

 
At May 31, 2011 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Lmbrunken said...

Sounds like a great read. Gonna have to get a copy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home