This Page

has been moved to new address

Charlie's Soap - A Review and a Giveaway!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Charlie's Soap - A Review and a Giveaway!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Charlie's Soap - A Review and a Giveaway!

When Little Miss was born I went on a quest for new laundry detergent.  I’d always used various “free and Clear” brands, because the perfumes in most laundry soaps made my skin itchy.  They recommend to NOT use the “free and Clear” versions on cloth diapers, because it leaves a deposit on the diapers that makes them not as absorbent.  After a lot of research, I finally decided to try Charlie’s soap.  I wasn’t expecting much, since I had not been exactly thrilled with the way my current detergent worked.  However, Charlie’s worked great – I was hooked!  We’ve been using it ever since.  I love that it not only cleans great, but it doesn’t take up much room since you only need a tablespoon for a normal load.  


If you live in a humid climate, be sure to transfer the soap to a sealable container, otherwise it might all stick together.  This is what happened to us – we have to grind ours up in the food processor!  I actually think it may even come in a sealable container now – way back when we got it they sent it in cotton bags. 

You may be surprised by the lack of suds in your washing machine.  It suds, but not nearly as much as traditional laundry detergents.  This is great for HE washers, and don’t worry, the lack of suds does not equate to a lack of cleaning.  The soap also rinses out really well, making your clothes a lot softer.  We don’t use fabric softner, just dryer balls, but even the clothes I hang up to dry are nice and soft. I love that the detergent is biodegradable, hypo-allergenic, and phosphate free!


 BUY IT:  You can buy Charlie's Soap Products on their website or on Amazon.
WIN IT:  One lucky U.S. reader will win one Laundry Powder Jar (80 loads) and a pre-spray ends June 4th.



**I received a sample of Charlie's Soap and Pre-spray for review purposes.  All opinions expressed are 100% my own.  





Labels: , , , ,

61 Comments:

At May 20, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I learned you have to clean your machine and I love Charlie's Soap.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I like that you only need a Tablespoon per load

 
At May 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

I learned that their products are hypo allergenic and biodegradeable
gingeroo616 at aol dot com

 
At May 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I learned that it's safe for babies.

mammabear06 at gmail dot com

 
At May 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Eat To Live said...

I learned that you don't need to use fabric softner with this laundry detergent.

 
At May 24, 2011 at 6:56 PM , Blogger kellyr78 said...

I learned that Charlies has not performed any in-house, nor paid for any animal testing of their products
KellywcuATyahooDOTcom

 
At May 24, 2011 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Shanna said...

I learned it's not only environmentally safe, but that it also removed over 95% of blood, grease, grass, tar, ketchup, pine sap, red clay and mildew when tested!
stkc79 at gmail dot com

 
At May 25, 2011 at 1:35 PM , Blogger booboo79as said...

I learned and love that its biodegradable and safe for baby! booboo79as @ yahoo.com

 
At May 25, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Blogger latanya t said...

I learned that Most detergents leave perfumes (cover scents), brighteners, and/or fabric softeners on your clothes to cover up the fact that the detergent really didn’t clean anything. These additives can easily cause skin irritations.

sweetums82red at gmail dot com

 
At May 25, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Blogger skii_gurl95 said...

I like that it is low sudsing
skii_gurl95@yahoo.com

 
At May 26, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Mommy Headquarters said...

I like that it only needs a tablespoon per load

 
At May 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i learned that it is hypoallergenic...which is good because my toddler has skin issues.

melanie(dot)myatt(at)gmail(dot)com

 
At May 28, 2011 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Children Teaching Mama said...

I learned that Charlie's Soap is safe to use on cloth diapers! I can't wait to try it out! :)
childrenteachingmama at gmail dot com

 
At May 29, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Lisa at Rockland Mother said...

I learned that, not only do additives like fragrance stick to your clothes like glue, they also stick to your washing machine.

rocklandmother@gmail.com

 
At May 31, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Mrs. Maelstrom said...

I've heard about Charlie's but haven't tried it! bogflower at gmail dot com

 
At May 31, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Mrs. Maelstrom said...

oops i learned that you only need one tablespoon per load bogflower at gmail dot com

 
At May 31, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Pat said...

It costs less than 18 cents per load.
pkildow at gmail dot com

 
At June 1, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Little Miss Sunshine said...

I learned you have to clean your washing machine to use it.
Lmsunshine33ATgmailDOTcom

 
At June 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM , Blogger pmj said...

Only a TBL per load! Wow!

pjames330 at aol dot com

 
At June 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger katie klein said...

I learned that it can also be used as an all purpose cleaner. katers2714 at yahoo.com

 
At June 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Audrey said...

I learned it is not tested on animals.
sweetstrawberryjam at yahoo dot com

 
At June 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Dana West Young said...

I learned that it may be necessary to wash your garments a few times to remove old detergent residues from them. Cool giveaway!
dana10879@yahoo.com

 
At June 3, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Deb K said...

I learned that they started with only $200.00!

 
At June 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Charlie's All-Purpose Soap can be used to clean your pet!

mrs.marcus2 at yahoo dot com

 
At June 3, 2011 at 10:23 PM , Blogger HomemadeBaby said...

I learned that traditional soaps leave deposits on everything from clothes to the inside of the washing machine.. and that there is a cool store me (Green Depot) that carries this soap!
Marysa {at} marysa {dot} com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Anne D. said...

I learned their product is good to use in hard water.
annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Blogger katklaw777 said...

I learned that "If you're not completely satisfied, Sutherland Products will, but not gladly, refund the buyer's purchase price."

 
At June 4, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Andrea G said...

I learned that it is hypoallergenic!

 
At June 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Kathleen said...

i learned this soap company was started with only $200!

heyfrugalmommy at hotmail dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 11:20 AM , Blogger LaVonne said...

The soap works well to clean carpet stains!

 
At June 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Beauty To Love said...

-I love how this is hypoallergenic and not tested on animals
aliaskys (at) yahoo . com
Thank You!! :)

 
At June 4, 2011 at 11:45 AM , Blogger TheTreeHugginMomma said...

I've always wanted to try out Charlies. I especially love that they do not test on animals!

kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Jessica King said...

I learned that this is safe for babies!
Sweet20j at yahoo dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Katie Rose said...

Charlie's soap is HE compliant!
kathrynrose12 at hotmail dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Milly said...

I've heard about Charlie's. I'd love to try it out! I've only used Rockin' Green so far, which i am happy with, but I'd love to give something else a go. Thanks!
millybry at gmail dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I learned it's great for diapers! vmvazquez83 at yahoo dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I learned that their products are hypo allergenic and biodegradeable

my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger cpage2323 said...

i learned
Very hard water can retard this prep cleaning process and leave irritating residues on your clothes even with Charlie's Soap...but they can help you with that.
trixie420247 at yahoo dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM , Blogger 1grown2togo said...

I learned that it can be used for cleaning carpets & also that it is biodegradable & what it takes to be biodegradable

To qualify as biodegradable, a substance must be 80% degraded in 28 days. Charlie's Soap degraded over 97% in soil in 28 days and is certified safe for use in small lakes and streams (Thank you!! Shari Alligood)


shariwrigh@aol.com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

i learned that its made in the usa! and its good for cloth diapers
mrsnaweiss/at/aol.com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM , Blogger lisa said...

I learned they will refund your money if you are not satisfied.
and The soap works well to clean carpet stains which we need with kids and a Dog!
lmkay630@gmail.com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

I learned about its stain removal abilities, even on carpets! Nice to know with a toddler in the house.
plaidtoaster@gmail.com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger AmyB said...

I LOVE this soap! I use it on my son's organic cloth diapers and they get the stains out with barely a tablespoon worth of product. Amazing!

 
At June 4, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I learned that "To qualify as biodegradable, a substance must be 80% degraded in 28 days. Charlie's Soap degraded over 97% in soil in 28 days and is certified safe for use in small lakes and streams." that is fantastic!!! mommawithfour at hotmail dot com :)

 
At June 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Milly said...

I learned that if you are not satisfied, they will refund you. That's great! I love companies that stand behind their products.
millybry at gmail dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 5:35 PM , Blogger plainoldsarah said...

environmentally safe and safe for baby skin.

 
At June 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I would love to win the Laundry Liquid - 2-pack (32 loads each)
It's gentle enough for my new granddaughters clothes!!
Connie
CGruning at aol.com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Ronda said...

I learned that you only need 1 Tablespoon per load.

rrudnick@netnet.net

 
At June 4, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Ronda said...

I follow you on Twitter.

rrudnick@netnet.net

 
At June 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Blogger greatdeals2010 said...

I learned that helps to increase the flame retardant properties on kids sleepwear, which is awesome!
kershuk at comcast.net

 
At June 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Rebecca Williams said...

Products are not tested on animals
rebeccaw2005 at gmail dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM , Blogger cw said...

I learned how the scents in other detergents can gunk up your washing machine.

 
At June 4, 2011 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just looked over their research section and learned that Charlie's soaps ingredients are over 97% biodegradable within 28 days - 17% more than the minimum allowance!

 
At June 4, 2011 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Using Charlie's soap improves the flame retardant on children's sleepwear

 
At June 4, 2011 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Saving Mama said...

I learned that Most detergents leave perfumes (cover scents), brighteners, and/or fabric softeners on your clothes to cover up the fact that the detergent really didn’t clean anything. These additives can easily cause skin irritations.
Thanks for entering me!
Stacie
savingmama at live dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Saving Mama said...

I follow you on twitter (@savingmama42). Thansk for entering me!
STacie
savingmama at live dot com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Diane said...

I learned that it cleans carpets as well as, if not better than 409!

 
At June 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM , Blogger jadavis said...

I learned that If you develop itching from clothes washed in Charlie's Soap, take that garment aside and wash it alone twice with Charlie's Soap, each time with a double rinse. This is a sign that not all the old residues were removed. They have only been pulled to the surface where you can feel them. A quick two washes should alleviate that problem.

jadavis42@tntech.edu

 
At June 4, 2011 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I learned that it's great for my HE washer and dryer as well as my cloth diapers.

nsblanchard@live.com

 
At June 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Texas Type A Mom said...

I learned Charlie's was started in 1976.
texastypeamom at gmail dot com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home