This Page

has been moved to new address

It's Road Trip Season!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: It's Road Trip Season!

Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Road Trip Season!

Our family loves road trips.  There are so many great things to see while you’re on the way to your destination, it’s a great way to explore new areas!  We probably won’t be able to take a vacation this summer, but we often go to Asheville, North Carolina.  We love it there! 



It’s a great place for us because it’s so different from where we live.  It’s a lot cooler than our area in the summer, which is refreshing in itself.  There is a ton of great hiking.  We love to hike, and there aren’t many hiking areas around here, it’s way too flat.  Hiking to see a beautiful waterfall is an amazing experience.  We really enjoy being around all of the beautiful nature there!  

I'd also love to make it to NYC one day and see the Statue of Liberty

  
Where do you want to road trip to this summer? 


What do you pack on your road trips?  We pack plenty of healthy snacks!  


Twizzlers are great since they don't melt and they aren't messy.  

I am entering a contest for a Twizzlers Landmark Summer promotion prize pack as a member of the Mom Bloggers Club.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 17, 2011 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Candace said...

Omygoodness! That view is beautiful! I can see why you love it there. I've never been but I've always wanted to go there. We love hiking in the mountains, cool weather and scenic views. We couldn't enjoy hiking or cool weather in Lousyana either. New Hampshire is perfect for that. We, also, love road trips. I've got such a "nomadic" spirit. Our next one comes up the first week of June. Lexington, KY here we come. Have a great day!

 
At May 17, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Hoening Industries said...

our road trips began in may with French Quarter fest, then Atlanta, which included several miles of off the interstate for road side america, road side atractions, (we discovered Tuskeegee Airmen Museum for one) in a few weeks we are going to a Greekfest in New Orleans, and just 2 weeks later the annual Tomato, Zydeco and Seafood fest. But I'd like to go elsewhere to, like Cape Canaveral, or along the west Florida coast. We don't pack snacks, part of our trip is road side produce stands and country diners, or unique cafe's like the Ethiopean Restaurant, or art coffee houses, always had great experiances with off the chain stuff.

 
At May 17, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Blogger April said...

Candace - I'm so jealous, I'm ready to take a road trip anywhere!

Bill - Have you guys been to Tarpon Springs yet? Have I already asked you that?

 
At May 17, 2011 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Hoening Industries said...

we wanted to go to Tarpon Springs Greek Fest in Jan. So I emailed the WONDERFUL T.P. Chamber of Commerce to get more info from Tourism Specialist & Administrative, Tara West back in December 2010. I am still waiting her reply.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Hi April! I love the idea behind your blog- sometimes tough to think green here in Uganda-but every little idea helps! (Thanks for visiting my blog-you do road trips with children, so my adventures are nothing in comparison!):)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home