This Page

has been moved to new address

Scott's Gold Review - Take care of your wood!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Scott's Gold Review - Take care of your wood!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Scott's Gold Review - Take care of your wood!


Since we have a really old house (it was built in 1902), there is a lot of wood in it that needs special care.  Our huge front door is solid wood, and gets a lot of sunlight and heat so we’re always looking for a good way to protect it.  Scott’s Liquid Gold Wood Cleaner and Preservative to the rescue!  It’s organic oil formula really works well on our old wood features. 


I could immediately tell a difference when I used it on our front door.  And it was amazing how much dirt came off!  I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, since it’s an outside door and everything, but wow!  I wish I had taken a picture.  Hopefully I’ll stay inspired and go back and work on the door several more times during the summer.  I think it would be really good for keeping the door happy through the hot summer months and preventing any additional cracking.  I was also pleased that it didn't have a strong fragrance like some wood cleaners do.  


Scott’s has been around since 1951, when it was founded in the family’s garage!  Ida Goldstein bought the secret formula for $350.  I bet she’d love to be around today to see how far her family has come with her investment!  I love stories like that, the true American dream brought to life.  Now they have a state of the art manufacturing facility in Denver, Colorado.  This is still very much a family run business. 


They make a lot of other great products as well:  Wood Wash, Wood Wipes, Screen Cleaners, Mold Control (bet that would be useful here in FL!), and room fragrances. 

You can like Scott’s on facebook or twitter to keep up with everything they’re doing!




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 8, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Candace said...

I absolutely love Liquid Gold. I have used it religiously for years. I love the way it smells and how it makes the wood in my home look and feel. Thank you for the background information on this wonderful product!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM , Blogger April said...

Sounds like there is some real love out there for Scott's Gold! I had never heard of it before this review.

 
At July 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Beauty To Love said...

-Thanks for the Review on the Scott's Liquid Gold. I have never used it before and wondered how well it worked. After reading your review of it, I'm going to go out and buy some of it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home