This Page

has been moved to new address

Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream - A Review and a Giveaway!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream - A Review and a Giveaway!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream - A Review and a Giveaway!

One of my favorite foods is Thai food! Over the past few years I’ve started cooking it more and more often. One of the biggest problems I face when cooking Thai food is coconut milk. Most recipes call for it, but few use a full can. This has always been a problem for me. Sure I could freeze the leftovers, but they usually end up getting pushed to the back of the freezer and sitting there until they finally get tossed. I could use coconut extract, but I always felt that I would lose some of the “essence” of the coconut milk that way.






Well, I discovered that Tropical Traditions has a great solution to my problem! They sell Coconut Cream Concentrate, which is certified organic whole coconut meat in concentrated form. Just 1 teaspoon of this cream mixed with 6-8 oz water gives you coconut milk, or you can use it alone as a non-dairy creamer for your coffee or as an addition to your morning smoothie! I’m thinking I may use it in ice cream recipes that call for heavy cream! 


I tried it out in this recipe for Lower Fat Thai Peanut Sauce – I added a little bit more water to mine, because I was having mine over salad greens and wanted it to mix easily. I also cooked my tofu in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, water and chili garlic sauce (1 T each). If you’re new to cooking tofu – don’t forget to press it before putting the marinade on! It will soak up a lot more that way.






The coconut cream worked great in this recipe – I went ahead and put in a full teaspoon, since I like the rich coconut flavor. It’s such a great deal when you compare it to the cost of coconut milk as well – it usually runs from $1.50-2.50 a can, and I’m pretty sure this one jar is going to last me well over a year! No more realizing I don’t have any coconut milk at the last minute or having to use all that room in the pantry to store the cans.


BUY IT: You can buy Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil here. It's currently on sale!


WIN IT: One lucky winner will win their own 32 oz bottle of coconut cream!  Open to US and Canada


Contest ends July 5th at midnight EST











**Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At June 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Brittany Thomas said...

This would definitely be awesome to have on hand! I could always make coconut milk from shredded coconut but that takes a while especially if I have to wait for it to cool down first. Having coconut cream on hand would make it so much easier!

 
At June 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM , Blogger April said...

I hope you decide to enter the contest! It's really easy!

 
At June 23, 2011 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

I would love to enter this giveaway but the rafflecopter keeps saying "Oh Noes. It messed up. Plz try again." Hope it's ok to put my entries in the comments.

I did sign up for the newsletter.
gingeroo616 at aol dot com

 
At June 23, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Twitter follower
@searching4
gingeroo616 at aol dot com

 
At June 23, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

Fb fan
oursafehaven
gingeroo616 at aol dot com

 
At June 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

TT fb fan
oursafehaven
gingeroo616 at aol dot com

 
At June 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

TT twitter follower
@searching4
gingeroo616 at aol dot com

 
At June 23, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

thank you! we are already in love with TT...I use their coconut oil almost everyday!! :)

mommawithfour at hotmail dot com

 
At July 5, 2011 at 4:20 PM , Blogger dfraley3 said...

I tweeted but before I could enter the tweet verification the page went away.
http://twitter.com/#!/dfral/status/88355778024583169

crochet4hats[at]gmail[dot]com

I'm having a lot of problems with the rafflecopter at all sites coming up "Oh Noes. It Messed up. Plz try again." I'm beginning to think I will avoid sites with rafflecopters.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home