This Page

has been moved to new address

Ten Reasons to go to Virginia Beach

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Ten Reasons to go to Virginia Beach

Monday, July 11, 2011

Ten Reasons to go to Virginia Beach

It’s summertime, and of course everyone has the beach on their mind!  Something about being on the beach can make all of that hot weather not seem quite so bad.  I don’t know if it’s the beautiful scenery, the always-present breezes, or the salty air, but being at the beach makes the hot weather more enjoyable. 
Here are ten reasons why I’d like to visit Virginia Beach
  1. It’s on the East Coast.  I’ve never been to a beach on the East coast, and I’d love to experience one!  Every beach is different, and I’d like to see what East Coast beaches have to offer!
  2. They have camping facilities.  We love camping when we travel.  It makes travelling with children so much easier, and you get to become more familiar with a place, in my opinion.  We would probably try to get a spot at First Landing State Park, where settlers landed in April of 1607.  In addition to it being historically significant, it has hiking, kayak tours, and of course a beach!
  3. Dolphins!  I absolutely love dolphins, and so does Little Miss.  At Virginia Beach they have kayak tours to look for dolphins – I can’t even imagine being so close to dolphins in the wild!  I think that would be a memory we could share forever.
  4. Mount Trashmore Park.  Built on top of a landfill, it’s the perfect opportunity to talk to your children about protecting Earth’s resources!  It now houses a playground, skate parks, and water wise gardens.
  5. Virginia Aquarium.  Little Miss loves visiting aquariums, and it’s a great way to learn about the ocean.  This one has over 300 hands-on exhibits, perfect for small children!  It also has a nature trail and aviary, which I think is pretty cool.
  6. The boardwalk.  Like many boardwalks in tourist towns, this one has local shops, outdoor cafes, and plenty of room for exploring.  Your chances of hearing live music is pretty great, and the nautical statues that adorn many of the side streets sound like they would be fun to look for.  And how about King Neptune!  A 24 foot bronze statue sounds pretty impressive. 
  7. They think about children.  Many hotels and motels offer wristbands for your children in case they get lost.  Of course you hope this won’t happen, but it’s good to know they’ve developed this program!
  8. Yoga.  They even have an oceanfront yoga studio!  I think that would be incredibly amazing, combining two of my favorite things!
  9. The Flowering Almond Spa.  Who doesn’t want a day at the spa?  I’d love to go here during a vacation and take the opportunity to relax and enjoy some indulgent me time. 
  10. Golf.  While I’m spending a day at the spa, my husband can enjoy some golf at one of the many courses they have there.  He loves golf, so he would have an amazing time!
Where would you like to visit this summer?

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

4 Comments:

At July 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Blogger citymouse said...

I've been to VA Beach and it really is a fun place. We typically go to Ocean City, MD or one of the Delaware beaches since we live about an hour or so away.

I thought I was seeing doubles when I saw this post because I saw this in my Reader earlier today:

http://www.obviously-marvelous.com/2011/07/11/my-top-ten-reasons-i-would-love-to-visit-virginia-beach/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ObviouslyMarvelous+%28Obviously+MARvelous%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Too funny.

 
At July 12, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Blogger citymouse said...

Not sure my link worked. Here's a better one:

http://www.obviously-marvelous.com/

It's her 07/11 post.

 
At July 12, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger April said...

They had a paid blog opp to write about this (hence the disclosure at the bottom). So lots of posts that day about the same thing!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM , Blogger lewalk said...

That sounds lovely. I have been to DC but I was a kid and only remember walking. I'm not sure I've been out that way for anything else. We just got back from my first trip the other direction too. I went to visit little sis in the Navy, stationed in San Diego. LOVE their weather.

Leah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home