This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Part-Time Vegan: 201 Yummy Vegan Recipes That Put the Fun in Flexitarian

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Review: Part-Time Vegan: 201 Yummy Vegan Recipes That Put the Fun in Flexitarian

Monday, May 23, 2011

Review: Part-Time Vegan: 201 Yummy Vegan Recipes That Put the Fun in Flexitarian

These days, you hear the term Flexitarian a lot.  For various reasons, many people are feeling the need to eat vegetarian or vegan meals at least some of the time.  The Part-Time Vegan: 201 Yummy Recipes that Put the Fun in Flexitarian is a great book for someone who is looking to incorporate some vegan meals into their diet. 


I enjoyed the light-hearted tone of the entire book.  This is definitely one of those cookbooks that you can read cover to cover.  It starts off with a chapter called Vaganism 101, which has a ton of helpful advice for people who are not familiar with veganism and some of the ingredients involved in vegan cooking.  The recipes are helpfully divided into chapters : Dips and Appetizers, Easy Breakfasts, Salad Dressings, Salads, Super Soups, Vegetable Dishes, Rice, Pasta Dishes, Grains, Tofu, Seitan, TVP, and Tempeh, and Dinner Plans (which plans your meal of appetizer, main course, and dessert), and Desserts.
Most of the recipes seem fairly easy to fix.  I love that they have helpful icons to let you know if they are high-protein, high-fiber, quick preparation, or easy to flex.  While someone who is already a “pro” at vegan cooking may not enjoy this book, it’s perfect for those (like me!) who don’t have a ton of experience in vegan cooking.  


  
Here is a picture of the Sweet and Spicy Peanut Noodles.  I loved the addition of pineapple in them!  I added a little broccoli for some color, but that was the only change I made! 


This book was sent to me by the Thomas Nelson Publishing company through their BookSneeze program in exchange for an honest review. 




I review for BookSneeze®

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2011 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Miriam said...

Yummy! I LOVE great cookbooks :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

 
At May 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Eat To Live said...

I eat a lot of vegetarian meals because I have candida.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home