This Page

has been moved to new address

Happiness Is....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Happiness Is....

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happiness Is....

Updating your wardrobe for cheap!  I admit it, when the seasons change, I always want to update my clothes – at least a little bit!  I’m not into keeping up with the latest trends, but it is nice to have something different to add to the mix!



The other day I went to my favorite thrift store and picked up some great updates for my wardrobe.  I got three cute skirts and a pair of capris, all for $7! 

I love the buttons on these capris from Talbots!

Even though I’m saving money, I still try to follow the one item out for every item in rule.  My husband would tell you that it shouldn’t be a problem for me – I have plenty of clothes I don’t wear!  

Ann Taylor - perfect for the beach!
I'm hoping we'll have a clothing swap soon - another great way to get clothes cheap!


How do you get good deals on clothing?  


This is linked up to:




Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At June 16, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Cherie@Accessoire said...

I love those kind of deals, and you found some cute stuff!!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

What a deal!! I never have the patience to search for great deals, but yours certainly paid off! I love the first skirt :) Great bargains and would certainly make me happy!

Thanks for linking up!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger April said...

That's why I like this thrift store - it's really small, so doesn't take a lot of time to see if there is anything good. Plus it's really close to wear I work, and for some reason always seems to get a lot of great clothes! It's the only one I shop at. : )

 
At June 16, 2011 at 11:54 PM , Blogger T Rex Mom said...

We rarely buy new clothes - almost always used. Or we make them.

 
At June 17, 2011 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Tat said...

Updating my wardrobe is definitely something I need. I got some vouchers for Mother's day, but getting to the shops to actually use them is proving to be a major challenge. Plus, it's winter here. Updating your summer wardrobe is so much more fun.

 
At June 20, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Melissa (bookn3rd) said...

My boyfriend just got a great pair of boots from Salvation Army. Practically brand new. I'm guessing they just didn't fit and the person who bought them thought someone else could benefit from them. :)

 
At June 23, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

we shop at the thrift store all the time Goodwill has a tag day where a specific colored tag is only $1.49...I found a brand new fossil purse for only $1.49 there!! I shop ebay and consignment stores and I will never ever pay full price at a department store, I always hit up sales or clearance or have a coupon or gc on hand. :)

 
At June 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Larri said...

Great finds! We refer to our thrift store as 'Salvation Armani' ☺ but my favorite place is in my sisters' town. They are so lucky to shop at the Church Charity Shop. I find NWT Ann Taylor, Dansko, and more for practically pennies.

Visiting from RSDOI and the Happiness Is hop. Thanks for sharing Happy Thursday! ☺

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home