This Page

has been moved to new address

Happiness Is....A Night Out

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Happiness Is....A Night Out

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happiness Is....A Night Out

Last night, my In-laws were kind enough to watch Little Miss so I could go take a cooking class at Distinctive Kitchens.  They picked Little Miss up an hour before the class so they could take her out to dinner, so I decided to head to the Fish House Deck for a Ladies' Night cocktail.  I didn't even bother trying to meet friends, since I only had about 45 minutes, but it was great to sit outside, have a drink, and listen to some great music. 


The Sangria:  AVV Temptation Zinfandel, amaretto, and peach and raspberry liqueurs gently mixed with fresh juices and fresh-muddled fruits . Served tall on the rocks.

After that I headed to DK for the vegan cooking class.  I knew the teacher, Bonnie, from veggie potlucks, and it was so much fun!  I'm definitely going to take another class there.  We tried a lot of really good recipes - I can't wait to share some of them with you!  


Sadly, I didn't take pictures of all of the dishes - we were having too much fun!  I finally remembered to take some pictures when we were wrapping up.  I'm thinking I may try this dessert with Little Miss!


It was so delicious!  I think the local blueberries are perfect for it right now!


Linked up here:  


Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At June 9, 2011 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Cherie@Accessoire said...

Looks like fun! That drink looks refreshing and what a pretty view! Cooking class sounds fun!

I really like your blog!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I would love to take a cooking class that would definitely make me smile...but the part I loved the most was the break you had being a mommy is sooo much fun, but sometimes sitting having a drink and listening to music for a moment or 45 would be fantastic :-)

 
At June 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Blogger April said...

So true Andrea! I love being a mommy, but my husband isn't home much due to work, so it's nice to have a mid-week break!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Dannoh said...

April; That dessert look so good you should try it on your In-laws! I think they may really like it. What's in it? ;0)

 
At June 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM , Blogger April said...

Blueberries, tofu, maple syrup, vanilla beans, lemon juice. That's it! Served in a phyllo cup.

 
At June 10, 2011 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Dawniebee12 said...

That looks like a great night! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the comment love! And, for being a frugal mama, no I can't believe you've never tried Lip Smackers! It's, like $2!! haha

 
At June 12, 2011 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Sounds like a perfect day! :) That drink looks like heaven, and there's nothing better than delicious food to follow it up! I'm glad you had some time to do something you loved, and thank you for linking up!

 
At June 23, 2011 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Milly said...

What a fun time, even by yourself! I don't get out as much as I should. Everyone tells me I need to get out more, but it's so hard with little ones. Good for you!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Jakes Movie Reviews said...

looks like you had a good night out, i won my mom some cooking classes for mothers day from local tv station

powersoccer13@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home