This Page

has been moved to new address

Ten Tips For Making Your Life Easier and More Efficient on the Go

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Ten Tips For Making Your Life Easier and More Efficient on the Go

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ten Tips For Making Your Life Easier and More Efficient on the Go

Busy Moms are always on the go!  What do you do to make your life easier? 
  1. Plan meals ahead:  Making a meal plan for the week is one of the best time savers!  I check the local grocery store ad, think about what I have on hand, and use those to come up with meal plans for the week.  It takes very little time, and saves so much time and effort!  As an added bonus, you’re less likely to waste money by going out to eat at the last minute if you have a plan.
  2. Use the internet to shop:  We buy a lot of things that you can’t really get locally through the internet.  It’s so easy to place an order and have it shipped right to your door!  It requires a little planning ahead, but in the long run saves so much time!  We hardly ever have to go to “big box” stores these days. 
  3. Keep healthy snacks around:  I always spend some time making vegetables such as carrots into snack size portions each week.  It saves time when you’re looking for something on the go, and it makes it more likely that they will get eaten!
  4. Clean you lettuce when you get home:  We don’t buy bagged lettuce very often anymore, so when we get our lettuce home from the grocery store I spend some time cutting it up, rinsing it, and sending it through the salad spinner.  The spinner is a great storage container, and it’s so easy to make salads or sandwiches!
  5. Make a list:  I make a list every day of the things I hope to accomplish that day.  Spending ten minutes to think things out and make a list ensures that I’ll get most of the things accomplished.  Otherwise, who knows?
  6. Know your limits:  Buy canned beans if you know you’ll never think ahead in time to cook them, buy a cooked chicken at the deli if you eat chicken and you’re short on time.  Small steps like these allow you to cook at home while still not committing a lot of time or forethought. 
  7. Be prepared:  We keep a bag stocked with beach supplies on our “staging table” since that’s where we go a lot of the time.  We also keep sand toys for Little Miss in the trunk of my car.  That way we’re never running around looking for missing items!
  8. Take time for yourself.  You always need to take some time for yourself to regroup.  Lately for me it’s been hitting the gym, but whatever you need to do to make you relax!  Maybe it’s even enjoying a Seattle’s Best Coffee Iced Latte - the official latte of pretty much everything while you’re running errands. 
  9. Keep spare clothes in the car:  This is essential if you have a toddler!  We’re always in need of spare clothes, whether it’s an accident or icecream everywhere!
  10. Don’t worry if something doesn’t get done!  I used to beat myself up when I didn’t get all of my “to do” list completed each day, but I’ve learned that it will usually be there waiting for me the next day!


How do you make your life easier?  

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” 

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At July 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM , Blogger sleepy headed mom said...

stragically placed laundry baskets.
Sounds a little silly but living with a man, a small chid, and a dog they come in really handy. I'll take one and go through the house and whatever is on the floor or laying around gets tossed in the basket. As I go room to room I can take things out and drop them off where they belong.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Tat said...

Know your limits is a big one for me... And break down bigger tasks into smaller pieces. Or I might never get a few hours at a time that I could (or would want to) spend on a cleaning, ironing, etc.

 
At July 16, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Ashley S said...

Thanks for the tips! I agree with #8 that I need to take time for myself, just to make things a little easier. Once the baby goes to bed, I spend any hour watching TV, or reading a magazine, just letting myself unwind.

 
At July 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger April said...

Tat - You're so right! Breaking down tasks into small things you can accomplish more quickly makes things go so much more quickly!

Ashley - It's essential! I always have unwind time at night!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Blogger lewalk said...

I unwind by losing myself in all of this online, entering to win things, and reading what other moms have to say. I'm so bad about beating myself up. I take on too much though. I think I have to get the whole house cleaned from top to bottom all in one day if I decide to clean. I am trying to reteach myself. I have a houseful of family and animals and have recently gone back to work. I need to give myself a break. Lol.

lewalk(at)hotmail(dot)com

 
At July 19, 2011 at 2:56 AM , Blogger rae-ann said...

great ideas, thanks! I particularly love writing lists - I find they make life so much easier as I'm not carrying things around in my head, so it frees me up to be creative.

Rae aka Mrs Green @littlegreenblog.com

 
At July 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Briana said...

I love planning meals ahead!! thanks for the other ideas :)

brianaduda at gmail dot com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home