This Page

has been moved to new address

What's Blooming Wednesday!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: What's Blooming Wednesday!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What's Blooming Wednesday!

Despite the heat, a few things have survived this summer....


We call these spider lilies, I'm not sure what their "real" name is.  
I always thought it was humurous that they are called spider lilies, 
considering they don't have eight "legs"!


This is my beautiful pepper plant!
I think it's a Vietnamese pepper plant, one of the girls I used to work with 
gave it to me years ago.  The main plant dies, but another always comes back!
The peppers start off green and slowly turn red, getting hotter in the process!


I looked them up to see how hot they get on the Scoville Scale:
Extremely Hot (above 30,000 Scoville Units)
WOWZA!  No wonder I never eat them raw!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 28, 2011 at 2:49 AM , Blogger Melissa (bookn3rd) said...

That first plant is beautiful AND interesting. Do you happen to know how spicy the peppers are on the Scoville scale? If not, that's something you might wanna check out. :)

 
At July 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger April said...

I looked it up!
Extremely Hot (above 30,000 Scoville Units)

 
At July 29, 2011 at 8:36 AM , Blogger In Julie's Opinion said...

The spicy pepper plant is making my mouth burn just looking at it! It's beautiful though:)
jwitt33 at live dot com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home