This Page

has been moved to new address

Wordless Wednesday - Beach Life

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Frugally Green Mom: Wordless Wednesday - Beach Life

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Beach Life

When we got done with lunch and browsing a few stores at the beach this past Sunday, we headed to our friend's house and got to see something interesting.



One of his neighbors had caught a swordfish!  I've seen a lot of fish that have been caught around here, but never a swordfish.



As you can see, it was pretty big - I forget how long, but over 200 pounds.  


I learned that they don't have teeth - instead they rely on their swiftness in the water to catch prey, sometimes using their sword to slash at them as well.  They also don't have scales when they reach adulthood, which makes them even more swift and agile in the water!


After all of that excitement we got to see the Blue Angels do a fly-by.  They are that huge cloud over the condo!  

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At July 20, 2011 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Oh WOW! What a fish!

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Texas Type A Mom said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a swordfish caught either. Shark, yes. Swordfish, no.

 
At July 21, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger shirley said...

Now that is a fish!!!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM , Blogger lewalk said...

How exciting! That's definitely not something we see around here where I live with our manmade fresh lake. Lol. Very cool. And the flyover too. We went to an air show not long ago. It's so neat that they can do all that stuff. I'm still amazed that planes work the way they do being so heavy, and they fly. Lol. I have a lot of time to think and ponder over things. Lol.

lewalk(at)hotmail(dot)com

 
At July 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM , Blogger AvroraD said...

Oh, I hope that they didn't just catch it for show! I think it's great when people eat what they catch, and not just to have a trophy.

 
At July 21, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger April said...

Don't worry Avrora! Part of it got eaten that night, and the rest got divided up among the fishermen to take home. I almost posted the pics of them filleting it, but thought it might be too gross for some...

 
At July 21, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow! that is awesome!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 11:44 PM , Blogger pmj said...

Wholly Moully!! That's one big fish!!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 11:36 PM , Blogger fancygrlnancy said...

WOW! what a sight to see.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home